We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Service: I work in Adult Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapies and I primarily work with Multiple Myeloma patients. I also work in Behavioral Oncology, providing mental health services to oncology patients at UI Health Care.
Years with Internal Medicine: will be 8 years in June
Hometown: Born in Ottumwa, IA. I have lived in Iowa City since 1998, came for college and never left.
My “WHY”: I am a dually certified nurse practitioner, both in family practice and mental health. Both of these certifications allow me to truly care for my patients in a holistic way. Being a mental health provider in oncology is both rewarding and challenging. I provide support during the hard times and celebrate with them during the good times. My “why” is knowing that I was able to provide support to my patients on their oncology journey. I am honored to be able to do that.
What Relaxes Me: I love reading, crafting, traveling, yoga and meditation.
Jessie is a highly compassionate provider, and skillfully helps patients navigate the complex and life-changing decisions our patients face. Patients note that she explains things very well, and they feel seen and respected while under her care. She also is an exceptional colleague and goes above and beyond to ensure that our team functions at a very high level.
– – Lauren M. Ringe, ARNP, DNP
Read what patients say about her:
- Super knowledgeable, caring, and helpful!! I’m very grateful!
- I was running late at the infusion clinic – It was fabulous that she was able to come to me for the appointment. Loved it!
- Jessie is quite personable, professional and knowledgeable.
- The level of respect for my personal experience and my perspective of what is going on. She truly listened and responded with excellent questions. I feel it was a perfect interaction and her knowledge and expertise will be very beneficial to me.
- Jessie listened to me and offered possible options for solutions to my issues.