A yearly tradition that comes fast on the heels of Match Day is updating the map that shows where our residents over the last five years attended medical school. The Carver College of Medicine produces a map showing where graduating medical students go, and we also produce a map showing where our residents go to fellowship. Those maps show what the University of Iowa can do for medical students and residents. The one below shows where our pitch to the graduating medical student takes root.
Each year when we update this map to keep it at a rolling five-year representation, we prefer to remove fewer schools and add more to the previous year’s map. This year we have added six:
- Giesel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- Florida State University College of Medicine
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- University of Toledo College of Medicine
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- West Virginia University School of Medicine
Four schools—Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, and University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences—have been removed.