A yearly tradition that comes on the heels of Match Day is presenting the updated map showing where our residents over the last five years attended medical school. The Carver College of Medicine produces a map showing where graduating medical students go, and we also produce a map showing where our residents go to fellowship. Those maps show what the University of Iowa can do for medical students and residents. The one below shows where our pitch to the graduating medical student takes root.
Each year when we update this Incoming Resident map to keep it at a rolling five-year representation, we prefer to remove fewer schools and add more to the previous year’s map. This year we have added nine:
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- University of Louisville School of Medicine
- University of Nevada Las Vegas Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine
- University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
- University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Wayne State University School of Medicine
Seven schools—Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Universidad Central de Venezuela Escuela de Medicina Luis Razetti, University of California Davis School of Medicine, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, University of Nevada School of Medicine, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School—have been removed.
Click map for larger view.