We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Rhonda Dunn, MSN, ARNP
Service: Arthritis and Rheumatology Clinic
Years with Internal Medicine: 2 years
Hometown: Kansas City, Missouri, area
My “WHY”: In Rheumatology we develop long-term relationships with our patients who have complex problems. It is very satisfying to help those patients learn to manage an illness that impacts so many areas of life. The Rheumatology team is fantastic to work with, all very generous with their expertise and committed to the success of our patients.
What Relaxes Me: gardening, reading, family
The patients I share with Rhonda regularly tell me how much they enjoy working with her. She listens well and clearly cares about them as people. Her hard work and altruism are apparent to all who work with her and we are very appreciative she is a part of our Division.
— Scott Vogelgesang, MD
Read what patients are saying about her:
- Dr. Dunn gave really great care. I really, really like her.
- Rhonda is very thorough, I am really comfortable with her skills and knowledge of RA.
- She took the time to sit, talk, and listen to me.
- Rhonda Dunn is fantastic. She asks good questions and asks follow-up questions to clarify points or my answers to her questions. We came up with a plan together.
- Excellent care. Good listener. Competent, caring, compassionate and smart. Exceptional ARNP
- I have been to so many doctors, my symptoms are worsening. Rhonda was so understanding and kind and knowledgeable. She has a plan.
- Rhonda is amazing, always listens to all my concerns.
- Rhonda is an outstanding, caring provider. I highly recommend her and am very fortunate that she is giving me excellent care.