We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Service: Infectious Diseases Clinic
Years with Internal Medicine: 5
Longest Place I Ever Lived: I’ve been in Iowa City since 1991, when I started undergrad here.
My “WHY”: I like the continuity and getting to know patients and their families over time. We also have a great multidisciplinary team that supports patients in ways that makes the work I do more likely to succeed. And I’m constantly learning!
What Relaxes Me: Being outdoors, biking, traveling, cooking, and our two Doodles.
Robin’s compassion for patient care goes above and beyond. She is one of our providers who recently received a “Patient’s Choice Award.” She is a great colleague. Everyone in our team enjoys working with her. So lucky to have her on our team!
— Quanthai Kaewpoowat, MD
Read what patients say about her:
- Robin Hayward goes above and beyond her duties to give me the best possible medical care. She keeps me positive on my medical situation and won’t let me give up on myself. Robin stays on top of all my medical conditions and advises me on what she feels is best and so far she’s right on. I totally appreciate all she does for me, a person couldn’t have a better provider. She’s the best!
- I love Robin she is an amazing provider and makes me feel comfortable to talk to her about my needs and wants
- I have one of the best care providers a person would want. She is so thorough and stays on top of all my health concerns, I feel so relieved to have a care provider like Robin because I know she’s always one step ahead of my medical needs and she doesn’t hesitate to remind me of things I need to do to stay healthy. She’s Great!
- I feel a one-on-one relationship with Robin. She talks with me as a human and not just another client
- I can honestly say that Robin is one of the best providers I have ever had. She is friendly, professional, has a great degree of empathy, listens and communicates very well. I have complete trust in her ability, knowledge, and advice. A good provider is very common. Buy a great provider is a rare one to find. She is an incredibly great doctor!
As mentioned above, Hayward was also recognized this year with a Patient’s Choice Award for her excellence in patient experience.