We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Service: GU Oncology
Years with Internal Medicine: 2.5 years
Specialty I almost chose: Cardiology
One of my favorite moments in this job: Getting to walk into a room with a patient battling cancer who is accompanied by their loved one and having the honor of telling them they had a phenomenal response to treatment and are now considered disease-free.
My Why: Every day I am humbled by my patients’ courage, resilience, attitude and the support families show in the toughest of times. It is an honor to be a part of their journey, both through the ups and downs. I’ve laughed with patients, cried, and felt both encouraged and discouraged at times. Every single day is filled with both rewards and challenges. I can’t imagine being anywhere else.
What restores me for the work: Spending time with my family, running, traveling and being outside
Julie’s clinical skills are excellent; she’s curious and always interested in learning. Even more important, Julie cares deeply about her patients. She goes above and beyond to manage side effects and symptoms and consistently advocates for best patient care. We are very lucky to have her on our team.
– – Jaime Bonner, MSN, ARNP
Read what patients have to say about her:
- I always appreciate her demeanor and the sense of support she provides. She always takes time to fully answer my questions.
- Julie is everything you could wish to have as your care provider. She’s the best!
- We really like working with Julie. She really is helpful when talking with my wife. [Julie does a] good job relating to [her].
- Julie expressed her concerns and provide quality care.
- We really like Julie.