We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Service: Thoracic Oncology
Years with Internal Medicine: 6 years
Specialty or service I almost chose instead of this one: I considered emergency medicine and family medicine, however oncology was always my first choice.
One of my favorite moments in this job: Telling patients that we do not see evidence of cancer on their follow-up scans. I enjoy getting to help patients through some of the most difficult moments in their lives.
What restores me for the work: Spending time with my children, spending time outdoors.
Evan manages a high volume of complex patients with composure and calmness. His patients appreciate his excellent care. His team members appreciate his willingness to step up and help and provide coverage whenever he is asked.
– – Michele Freesmeier, PA-C
Read what patients say about him:
- Evan Eastman, PA was a wonderful listener and answered questions completely and in terms easy to understand. I’ve seen him before and he’s always been very compassionate.
- I felt he listened and answered every question and concern with knowledge and understanding
- Mr. Eastman was friendly, listened well, explained answers to my questions that I could easily understand.
- He is very caring. He always listens to my problems and gives advice. Very easy to talk to.
- Evan listens well, communicates clearly and with patience, and is always very professional.
- I trust him with my life.
- Evan spoke to us in layman’s terms making it very easy to understand.
- The best thing about my visit was Evan Eastman – he’s wonderful.