We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Brianne Foulker, MSN, ARNP
Endocrinology and Metabolism
Clinic: Diabetes Clinic, Iowa River Landing
Years with Internal Medicine: 9 years
Specialty or service I almost chose instead of this one: Came from a family medicine practice in Dubuque
One of my favorite moments in this job: I love building relationships with patients and becoming a partner in their diabetes management.
What restores me for the work: Spending time with my husband and daughter, riding my Peloton, and walking my puppy.
Brianne is an excellent provider that patients appreciate and trust. Her dedication and expertise in the complexities of diabetes care has changed many lives for better. She is a valuable resource to our entire team, and we are grateful to have her.
– – Melissa Collier, MSN, ARNP, BC-AD
Read what patients say about her:
- Brianne is always friendly & approachable. She puts you at ease & is always offering her availability to help with questions.
- She was thoughtful, thorough, attentive and happy to answer questions and give excellent guidance. She and the other health care nurses and assistants make it a pleasure to go to the U.
- Doctor Foulker is awesome, very knowledgeable and thorough.
- Brianne is very friendly and capable. She allowed me to make decisions about my healthcare after clearly explaining my options.
- She is one in a million! Compassionate, informed, great listener and happy to educate us on how to live healthier!
- Brianne is the best provider I have ever seen for my diabetes. I don’t have the best control, and she does not make me feel terrible, but looks for ways for me to do better.
- I am very pleased with Brianne and have every confidence in her care and concern for me.
- Brianne is a very special person; she is friendly, caring and knowledgeable. I’m very happy with her care.
- She’s very relatable and I appreciate that she doesn’t talk down to me. She listens and makes appropriate suggestions.
- Brianne Foulker has been my guide/mentor since I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes several years ago. She is knowledgeable, professional and an absolute delight to work with. I make a point to have my biannual checkups with her.
- I am always impressed by Brianne! She listens, empathizes, and knows what she’s talking about!
- Brianne always includes me in any changes & asks my opinion. She has a conversation with me & doesn’t just give orders. She really listens.
- Please give her an award! She is awesome. Treats me like a real person. Always upbeat & caring!
- I feel comfortable and confident in my care with Brianne Foulker. She is kind, warm, funny, wise and just overall wonderful.
Foulker was also recognized with a Patient’s Choice Award for her excellence in patient experience.