We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Clinic: Weight Management
Time with Internal Medicine: 5 months
Specialty or service I almost chose instead of this one: Geriatric internal medicine
One of my favorite moments in this job: I have really enjoyed finding ways to connect with patients, especially when the connection is initially challenging for any reason. I aim to always create a safe space for patients to share their stories and be a provider that they can put their trust in.
What restores me for the work: Spending time with my family, playing music with friends, and traveling somewhere new.
Katharine is very dedicated to providing excellent patient care. She is always willing to help out, has a positive attitude and is a great addition to the team.
– – Amanda Pitts, ARNP, DNP
Read what patients say about her:
- My NP was knowledgeable and extremely personable. For the first time I felt like I had a professional supporting me in this ongoing health problem.
- The best thing about my visit was how friendly and concerned my provider was and showed enthusiasm when speaking to me.
- Katharine was very friendly. She helped a lot. She laid out a plan for me to follow as far as suggestions for what to eat and what time of day and told me a few things I had forgotten about. I think the information she’s given me is going to help.
- I left feeling better educated and totally supported in my health program.