We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Clinic/serivce: Nephrology Clinic
Years with Internal Medicine: 2 years as an NP, but I was an RN on 6 RC from 2014-2021
Specialty or service I almost chose instead of this one: Palliative care
One of my favorite moments in this job: Helping patients understand their kidney disease and developing relationships with patients and their families over time
What restores me for the work: Spending time with my family, exercising, reading, napping
Read what patients say about her:
- Amanda was the very best
- She communicated clearly with both me and my wife. She had excellent eye contact and answered all our questions thoroughly. She was very attentive and reviewed the main thrust of future actions and the purpose for them.
- I was so pleased with the provider as I had never met her or been to this clinic. Very knowledgeable and thorough and helpful wanting to answer any questions I had.
- Provider was excellent. Explained everything in detail. Very friendly. I will recommend her without hesitation
- This was a first time visit with Amanda Karanikolas and I have to say it was an actual enjoyable appointment. Very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. Definitely would recommend to any family or friends.
- Meeting Amanda Karanikolas ARNP was the best thing about my visit…a delight to speak with.
- The practitioner I saw was very knowledgeable and took her time reviewing my condition and explained progression of my disease. I left being reassured.
- Amanda is excellent in every aspect of my health care issues.
- I really felt that Amanda cared very much. She was ready to talk to and listen. And cared. I have told my family about her.
- She was one of the friendlier, more pleasant providers I have had yet very professional. She knew what she was talking about, very excellent background of kidneys.
- Really liked and trusted woman who was helping and informing me. Very nice person.
- I was amazed about her ability to calm my nerves and explain things.
- If there was an “Excellent (6)” rating, I would have given Amanda all “6’s.” Thank you.
- The provider was exceptionally good. She spent time explaining future treatments. Very helpful and understanding. Hoping to continue to see her for return visits.
- Wonderful personality combined with expert knowledge and interest in my case!
- I really appreciated my nurse practitioner. She really took the time to discuss my kidney disease and to help me understand the practical things I could do to improve my health. I felt that she really cared about me as a patient. It was a very good appointment.
- There isn’t enough praises I can give her
- I found Amanda to be quite helpful in what my numbers meant and what each was as compared to my last visit. No one had done that before, and I really appreciated her telling me! She assured me that she would be there to call if I had any questions, and she would be there when I arrive for my next visit. From what she said and how she treated me, I certainly hope she will stick around as long as I need her, (which I hope is a LONG time.
- Amanda was excellent. I’m happy she is a permanent employee and I will see her at my next appointment.