Nothing can stop Progress! For forty years, this CME conference has brought health care providers from all over the state to learn about the latest in treatments, devices, and discoveries. More recently, physicians and pharmacists have combined their expertise to present a broader perspective on some of the most pressing issues in health care.
This year, however, attendees will have to travel no farther than their nearest WiFi hotspot to learn from experts in six subspecialties. This year, Progress will deliver updates on topics within gastroenterology/hepatology, general internal medicine, infectious diseases, hospital medicine, neurology, and psychology virtually.
Selected presentations include:
- Daniel Diekema, MD, – COVID-19 Update
- Margo Schilling, MD & Lorin Fisher, PharmD – Managing Infectious Disease in Older Adults
- Alejandro Comellas Freymond, MD & Meredith L Frey, PharmD – Do You Want to Breathe? Don’t Vape
- Rachel Dyke, PharmD & Lynn Rankin, MD – Advances in Migraine Therapeutics
- Taylor Smith, PharmD & Nelson A Telles Garcia, MD – Anticoagulation and Atrial Fibrillation
- Hyungsub Shim, MD & Jill Kauer, PharmD – Management of Delirium: Are Medications Really the Answer?
The schedule will be slightly altered this year to accommodate the unique needs of virtual presentations. The first day will be abbreviated and offer attendees different options, depending on their interest. Day Two will offer a more traditional mix of plenary presentations as well as concurrent breakout sessions. The full schedule, including details on each presentation, can be viewed on the registration page.
Day Two will also offer a virtual poster session with prizes to winners, sponsored by the Society of Hospital Medicine, as they have done in the past. Please review their Submission Guidelines and use this page to submit yours. The deadline to submit is October 12, at 5 pm.
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s Progress on October 22 & 23! Registration closes on October 20, don’t delay!