We are pleased to present the next in our weekly series introducing you to Internal Medicine’s Advanced Practice Providers. In addition to sharing information about where they work in the department, we asked them each to tell us a little bit about their “Why” (the sustaining pull for their work) and what relaxes them. (Read previous weeks’ installments.)
Clinic/Service: Cardiomyopathy and structural cardiology
Years with Internal Medicine: 6 years here at UIHC (20 years as an NP)
Specialty or service I almost chose instead of this one: I have always been in cardiology – however, I love critical care as well.
One of my favorite moments in this job: My favorite moments of this job are the relationships you develop with the patients and their families. I love to care for the person not just the illness.
What restores me for the work: What restores me for the work is the great teamwork and ,collaborative relationship with the team as well as constant learning.
Suzanne is a superb clinician and an invaluable member of our team. We are lucky to have her.
– – Philip Horwitz, MD
Read what patients say about her:
- I was overwhelmed by the nurse practitioner’s kindness.
- Ms. Hennings is one of the most outstanding care providers I have met. Her level of engagement, communication skills and knowledge base were truly exceptional.
- Suzanne Hennings took wonderful care of my mom and now I have complete confidence in her care of me!
- I enjoy working with Suzanne. We have established a good rapport in the year that she has been my provider. We had a good discussion after my final test results were in regarding a potential change to my medication.
- I feel very confident in Suzanne’s recommendations, she is caring and trustworthy.
- Suzanne is the best, always look forward to seeing her.
- Very professional and yet warm and caring. Explained everything and answered all of my questions!
- She took time to talk to me about my concerns with medication and gave me options. She put the control in my hands. She instilled confidence in me for her knowledge and recommendations. She was very pleasant and engaged and made me feel positive about care.
- She was wonderful, caring and informative!
- Working with Suzanne is great! The dialogue is always excellent!